Shoe Bank Canada has an immediate opening for an Executive Director to help us in our mission to ensure that no Canadian should want for a decent pair of shoes.
Our ideal candidate would embody the following qualities:
- Empathy – can you effectively handle feedback from a wide audience and respond to them on their level?
- Dedication – are you able to stay on top of breaking news and connect with our community consistently throughout the week, day and night?
- Passionate – do you care about making a difference in your community and country?
- Autonomy – do you work well on your own? Are you able to motivate yourself to get the job done?
About the Role
The Shoe Bank Canada is looking for a new Executive Director. Shoe Bank Canada is a non-profit social enterprise and a registered charitable organization with primary operating activities occurring in Kelowna.
– Support operational planning for existing and new social enterprise activities (shoe drives, Adopt-a-box program, shoe sorts and distribution)
– Digital communications and content creation to help support program delivery, partnership development, and social enterprise growth
– Website management using a content management system
Technology and business system implementation
– Corporate and community organization relationship development and management
– Event coordination and support for shoe drives and special events
– Logistics support for shoe collection and distribution
– Other duties as mutually agreed upon by the Society and the Executive Director
Scheduling and Remuneration
The Executive Director position will work a flexible weekly schedule of predetermined hours to meet operational needs. Remuneration will be based on an independent contractor or employee agreement that meets the needs of the charity and the Executive Director. Performance-based incentive compensation is an important component of our remuneration structure.
Required Skills, Experience, & Qualifications
An undergraduate degree in an appropriate field pertaining to non-profit management, business development, business administration, and 4-6 years of related leadership experience, or an equivalent combination of education and career experience. Special consideration will be given to applicants with a combination of business development and administrative skills.
The ideal candidate is actively seeking a role to gain experience and contribute to the social impact ecosystem. You must be willing to take on uncertainty and get things accomplished. You will likely possess some of the following:
- Business education and experience
- Marketing and communications experience – excellent written communications
- Comfortable with technology, software, and social media
- Strong self-starter and ability to see project from start to finish
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to think and communicate creatively and strategically
- Respect for confidential and sensitive information
- Friendly, fun, professional
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jim Belshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org